Sunday, October 11, 2009

Well well doesn't time fly

Its quite simple its a Sunday afternoon and I decided with just some time to spare that I would try again to write my blog - its only been over 2 years (well over).

Well the house is not finished - life has taken over in more ways than one in the intervening period I have had sheep (22 of them) some of which were adorable Suffolks. My daughter and husband were of the most marvellous help - Jess is a natural shepherdess and could be found at all times of day and night in the sheep sheds when the five ewes were lambing - 10 lambs between them - one died at birth and one 4 weeks later - anyway we managed find homes (again with Jess's help) for all of them - so now there are none. It became financially unviable to keep them and also Mike's back just could not take the strain of lifting, rolling and injecting and sorting feet on a regular basis.

I am still trying to find time to spin enough to weave a blanket. Caleb (my grandson) is 5 tomorrow and I have to press on - Bear the collie is alive and well by and large, Poppy is Jess's dog and is well and I have little Millie a Lhasa Apso (with just one eye) who is absolutely lovely. We have 2 cats, 2 kittens (who need new homes) and lots of hens one of whom is a cockerel called Noel for obvious reasons.

I must go now as Jess is waiting for the computer.

Oh a dear friend Liz donated the most wonderful pumpkin for Jess to carve for Caleb for Halloween and my dear friend Jayne is doing so well with her spinning and knitting and alpacca rearing.

More later.

No comments: