Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday 11 March 2010

Well what can I say - Mike has managed to get in the way of a falling part of a tree and has hurt his hip but no break just very painful. He had his back turned to the man cutting the tree at the time and apparently the tree (or part thereof) decided to fall on him instead of the way it was supposed to -sounds rather like a dodgy insurance claim to me.

Anyhow that said the Fears are surviving as usual, the hens are laying well and I have spent days shovelling manure into the wheelbarrow and onto the land to have the hens help me by spreading the manure out on the land before I can dig it in - lovely.

Its been blowing a north easterly this week but the sun has been shining through it all. We are thinking of a change of plan and moving out of Brittany to France - more on that later if it all works out - sunshine is needed and there is just not enough up here.

No comments: