Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday 31 July 2010 23.07

Well we managed, Mike and I, to decorate the hall, the entrance foyer and doors and jambs and the place looks rather good. Necessary to next decorate the front room.

The donkey is going to move to a new home as soon as possible and is all in all just a sad little chap who needs constant company - donkeys are not meant to be alone.

Our French guest arrived today with his parents - what extremely nice people and Antoine is absolutely sweet and we are really taken with him as his attitude is so lovely and we hope to be able to build his confidence in speaking English over the next 2 weeks. Caleb has been great with him - wonderful new person to play games with - and so has Jess and Mike. Thankfully our good friends Claire and her daughter Heidi were able to come over and help with any necessary translation.

Well I am absolutely knackered and am going to bed. Have made a decision after seeing a very good exposition of quilts in Rostrenen with dear friend Nicola that I will make for my close friends and family from now on as I am finding it rather defeating at the moment to make and not sell items. We are hoping to join the association of quilters as there is a lot of really good work being done and it will be lovely to be able to use some of my hoard of materials.


1 comment:

artinbrittany said...

Well now! Here you be! I like the horsey - I love greys! Where is he now? I am looking forward to the details you promised!